One of the best places in the area to unwind is the Tangled Hickory Wine Bar. Located in downtown Viroqua, it’s only a short jaunt from the Westby House Inn.
For more information on the Tangled Hickory Wine Bar and other great Driftless area destinations, check out our complimentary Vacation Guide. Packed with tons of local attractions, it’s the perfect place to start planning your vacation to our area.
Tangled Hickory Wine Bar, Viroqua, WI
At the Tangled Hickory Wine Bar, you won’t find anything to “wine” about! This Viroqua treasure is a favorite of locals and tourists alike. So here’s everything you need to know about the Tangled Hickory Wine Bar before you go!
8 Things to Know Before You Go:
- Tangled Hickory Wine Bar serves more than just wine to drink, although their wine list is wonderful! They also serve craft beers, excellent martinis, and specialty cocktails.
- The food at Tangled Hickory Wine Bar is delicious. While the menu changes occasionally, we know you’ll find something you love! You could come for drinks and appetizers, drinks and dessert, or plan on eating a full meal. Whatever you order will be delicious!
- The food and drinks are locally sourced, when possible. That means your dining experience here is much more unique than you would get at a chain restaurant! We especially recommend any baked goods from Kvarnström’s Bakery! Kvarnström’s Bakery is a local Westby bakery with excellent Scandinavian baked goods.
- Most weekends, you can expect to be treated to live music. There’s not much better than relaxing with a great glass of wine and some live jazz!
- The Tangled Hickory Wine Bar is open Tuesday – Saturday starting at 4 p.m. On the weekdays, there are drink specials (and other specials) from 4-6. And on the weekends, they’re open until midnight or later! So there’s never a bad time to hang out.
- The wait staff is very friendly and welcoming, and you can expect great service here. The owner is a Viroqua native and can often be seen greeting customers and making sure everything is running smoothly.
- The atmosphere and décor is elegant but casual. It’s an excellent choice for a date night or just hanging with friends in a warm, cozy environment. (No “dirty bar” to be seen!)
- If you’re planning a wedding reception, family reunion, or other large gathering, consider the Tangled Hickory Wine Bar for your event. They can host up to 108 people! (Keep in mind that if you’re looking for a more intimate event for your wedding, Westby House Inn can host up to 40 guests. You can find out more about our wedding offerings on our website.)
Relax at the Westby House Inn
To continue the fun and relaxing vibe you pick up at the Tangled Hickory Wine Bar, stay with us at the Westby House Inn. We pride ourselves on hospitality, and want you to feel comfortable and pampered in our luxurious suites. Our full gourmet breakfast each morning will get your day off to the right start. We offer lots of great packages to enhance your stay. And our free Vacation Guide is a great jumping off point to your Driftless vacation. We know you will love and cherish the time you spend in our beautiful area. And we look forward to seeing you soon!